The purpose of the Textbook Loan Program is to help the student temporarily cover textbook expenses. The program provides a loan up to $250.00 to students who meet minimum criteria and must be repaid in 60 days or by the end of the semester, whichever comes first. Availability of funds is not guaranteed.
- Be currently enrolled at Palomar College
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 from previous course work at Palomar College
- No outstanding loans to the college
- Complete the Textbook Loan Application electronically and submit.
- Student will be notified of approval or denial of loan application via student email within 2 business days.
- Upon approval the Office of Student Life & Leadership will process the application and create an account with Follett bookstore for the student. Once this process has been completed (usually within 48 hours) the Bookstore will notify the student via student email that they can now purchase their books.
- The student must repay the loan by the agreed dates (making payments if necessary) by credit/debit or ACH.
- Loans must be repaid within sixty (60) days or the last day of the semester (whichever occurs first).
- A hold will be placed on the student’s records if the loan is not repaid by the established due date or end of the semester whichever occurs first.
NOTE: Only one loan will be permitted at a time. Students may be eligible for an additional textbook loan once all funds have been repaid.