Welcome! We are glad you are here!
Below you will find your Steps to Enrollment. We have many resources, videos, and departments that will support your journey through each step, setting you up with a successful launch of your Palomar experience.
Not ready to apply yet? Still exploring?
At Palomar Connect you will find an interest form to help you to stay connected with us, information about our campuses and majors, as well as service information for Outreach Services, Campus Tours and Info Sessions.
Steps to Enroll
START HERE: Apply online at www.palomar.edu/apply
- Create an OpenCCC Account.
- Complete the Palomar College Application
Activate Your Palomar Student Email
- Look for your Palomar Student ID number, over email, 24 - 72 hours after your application is complete.
- Contact the Admissions Office if you do not receive your ID number after 72 hours.
- Activate your Palomar student email in the MyPalomar student portal.
(760) 744-1150, Ext. 2164
- If you will be under 18 on the first day of classes, complete the K-12 form prior to registration.
- After you have access to your MyPalomar student portal, complete the Palomar Promise Application. from the Student Center Tab of MyPalomar.
Apply for Financial Aid
It is recommended to apply for the FAFSA, Dream Act and Palomar Promise by March 2 to receive consideration for the most aid available to the applicant.
- Apply for
- FAFSA - FREE Application for Federal Student Aid
- California Dream Act/CADA
- Tuition Assistance (Military) or Veteran/Dependent Assistance
- Submit any required financial aid documents to the Palomar College Financial Aid Office
- You can also apply for the California College Promise Grant in MyPalomar.
Apply for Scholarships
- Apply for Palomar College Scholarships each year between January and February.
- One application will apply to all Palomar Foundation scholarship opportunities.
- A list of varied scholarships can be found at the Financial Aid and Scholarship website.
Financial Aid Office
Palomar College School Code: 001260
- Palomar Promise students must complete the FAFSA or Dream Act application to be eligible for the Promise.
- CA Dream Act/CADA Resources
Military, Veterans and Dependents
Tutorials and Videos
Complete the Connect for Success eForm
The Connect for Success eForm is intended to connect you to the resources that will support your academic success throughout your time at Palomar College.
- Login to Canvas and click on the Comet Connect title, to fill out your Connect for Success eForm.
- How do I find Connect for Success?
Complete New Student Orientation
Online Orientation is required for new students to help you to start your academic journey with the tools you need for success.
- Login to the MyPalomar student portal and look for the Orientation link under the Student Center tab.
- How do I complete the Online Orientation?
Begin Your Career Exploration
Whether you are undeclared or secured with a major, we have many resources to support your career path.
- Review the Palomar Pathways Mapper to help guide you to a field of study that will help you achieve your college goals in a reasonable timeframe
- Visit the Career Center to explore careers, use career-search tools, seek internships and employment
Review Your Placement
Enroll in transfer-level Math, English, and ESL in your first year at Palomar. These classes will be the foundation for your success in college, and we’re ready to help you get started!
- Review the MEFirst webpage to learn more.
- Find your math course based on your path and math recommendation.
- If you have AP test scores to submit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Develop an Education Plan
- Complete the Education Planning Checklist for New Students.
- Review the Palomar Pathways Mapper for your major.
- Watch this video on how to use the Palomar Pathways Mapper.
- Schedule an appointment with a counselor to help you select classes.
If you are part of these programs, contact them to connect with a counselor:
Register for Classes
Students are provided a Priority Registration Appointment prior to each term’s registration cycle. You will be sent an email notification about one week prior to registration beginning letting you know your Priority Registration Appointment date has been set. Instructions for finding your appointment time are here.
Prior to your registration appointment date you should:
- Find your Registration Appointment time in MyPalomar.
- Check MyPalomar for any “Holds” you may have on file.
- To help select your classes
- Review your Ed Plan in MyPalomar.
- Use the Palomar Pathways Mapper.
- Note these reminders about selecting classes.
- Begin to select your classes and place them in your “Shopping Cart” in MyPalomar.
- Register on your Priority Registration Appointment date (or as soon as possible) to get the best selection of classes.
- Go to MyPalomar to register for courses.
- Use MyClassFinder to find open classes.
- Attend a Registration Help Session to get assistance when registering for classes.
- VIDEO: How do I find my Registration Appointment time?
- Registration Help Sessions via Zoom
- How do I register for classes in MyPalomar?
- VIDEO: Where is my class located?
- Is my class online or face to face?
Pay for Classes
- Pay for classes within 10 calendar days of registration to avoid being dropped from your courses.
- Pay enrollment fees online at MyPalomar.
- Watch for Important Enrolling Dates for Students
Options and Information
- Student Payment Plans
- Programa de Pagos Cuotas de Registracion
- What are the fees and accepted forms of payment?
- Discounted Transportation Passes
You can pay for the following in MyPalomar:
(760) 744-1150, Ext. 2114
Military Affiliated Students
Using CH 33 or CH 31
- If you are a military affiliated student using CH 33 or CH 31 benefits, please ensure you’ve completed and submitted VA Benefit Coding Request to Veterans@palomar.edu.