You have the right to access transfer-level courses in English, ESL, & Math.
The California Community College system requires that all students have the right to access transfer-level courses in English/ESL and math/quantitative reasoning.
The benefits to starting at the transfer level in these subjects are that:
- Students are more likely to successfully complete transfer-level math and English/ESL.
- Students take fewer units, saving time and money.
- Students are more likely to complete their certificate, college degree, or transfer goal.
At Palomar College, you will have a lot of support to assist you in completing your transfer-level English/ESL and math/quantitative reasoning courses.
Support available to you includes: corequisite support classes, on-campus and virtual tutoring in our tutoring centers, in-class tutoring via embedded tutors, counseling, and many other programs and services!
- Check out your placement in MyPalomar today! Look at the placement box in the bottom right-hand portion of the page.
- Find the Group listing for your math placement as well as the course numbers for your English, Reading &/or ESL placement.
- Contact the Counseling Department at 760-891-7511 to speak/meet with a Quick Questions Counselor to get advice on which math class is best for you based on your placement and your major.