Click the button below to apply to the DRC!
Plan ahead when applying for disability-related services and accommodations. Allow for a minimum of two weeks to schedule an initial welcome appointment with a DRC counselor. We are now offering our welcome appointments in two parts. In part one, you can expect to meet with a DRC Counselor by phone, Zoom, or in-person (subject to availability). During part 1, you will focus on getting oriented to DRC services and establishing your accommodations for use while at Palomar College. Part one of your welcome appointment series will last from 45 mins to 1 hr. Our welcome appointments are split into two separate meetings, in order to provide our students with a comprehensive introduction to our services, establish accommodations, and complete one to two semesters of educational planning. These goals will be accomplished over the span of your two appointments.
Part One of welcome appointment series is a one-hour appointment (now offered via phone, zoom video conference, or in-person subject to availability) and is needed before accommodations and services such as extended testing time, note taking services, etc. can be authorized.
In part two, you can expect to meet with a DRC Counselor by phone, Zoom, or in-person (subject to availability). Part two of your welcome appointment series will last 30 minutes.
Steps to Apply for Services
- Apply for admission to Palomar College
Go to www.palomar.edu and click on the red “apply” button for access to the online college application, (remember to write down your new Palomar ID #).
- Fill out and sign the DRC application
Fill out the DRC Application. You will need to log in with your student email and password to access the application (Student Login: Full Email JDoe1234@student.palomar.edu and password).
- Obtain verification
Students are responsible for providing Verification of Disability documentation. Access the verification of disability form from the “DRC Forms” section of the website or obtain documentation from one of the following:
- Medical Provider
- Clinician (Psychiatrist, Psychologist, LCW, MFT)
- Learning Disability Specialist
- School District (i.e. Psychological Educational Report, IEP)
- Veterans Affairs Disability Rating (The pathway is va.gov home – disability benefits – view your VA disability rating – your VA disability rating.)
Such documentation should include information such as the following:
- Student’s Full Name
- Diagnosis (i.e. specific learning disability; ADHD; fibromyalgia; migraines; etc.)
- Name and certification/credentials/license of the professional
- Name of the organization/entity (e.g. San Marcos Unified School District; Family Care Medical Practice; Veteran Affairs)
- Listing of the functional limitations of the diagnosis (e.g. difficulty walking, seeing, hearing, etc.)
- If you have an IEP or 504, also submit any related psychoeducational testing or reports.
- Fax, e-mail, or mail completed documents:
Mail: ATTN: Palomar College DRC
1140 West Mission Rd.
San Marcos, CA 92069
- Once all documents have been submitted:
A DRC Counselor or Director will review the verification of disability documents. A DRC Front Office Professional will then contact you within three business days, or 72 hours, to request any missing documents or to schedule the welcome appointment.
- Setup Your Palomar E-Mail:
E-mail Set Up: https://www.palomar.edu/enrollmentservices/email/
- Download the Palomar College App on your smart phone (if there is access to a smart phone):
Click here to download the Palomar College iPhone or iPad app.
Click here to download the Android version from Google Play.
- Visit the DRC and Enrollment Services
Both the DRC and Enrollment Services websites have valuable information and important tools on how to be a successful student.
DRC Website: Services and accommodations
Enrollment Services Website: Enroll in classes, setup MyPalomar, Financial Aid, and more
- Watch our Getting Ready for College videos
Click here to visit our page
Click here to visit our YouTube channel