Financial Assistance

  • Financial Assistance: The Palomar College Foundation offers limited opportunities for students to access emergency funds that you don’t have to pay back. If you are experiencing an emergency situation that is a barrier to your education, apply here to be considered for emergency funding. Applications are assessed on the next available Tuesday.
  • Department of Rehabilitation (can provide financial support to attend college): 
    • The California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) works in partnership with consumers and other stakeholders to provide services and advocacy resulting in employment, independent living, and equality for individuals with disabilities. DOR administers the largest vocational rehabilitation and independent living programs in the country. Vocational rehabilitation services are designed to help job seekers with disabilities obtain competitive employment in integrated work settings. Independent living services may include peer support, skill development, systems advocacy, referrals, assistive technology services, transition services, housing assistance, and personal assistance services
    • San Marcos Branch Office:  570 Rancheros Drive, Ste. 170  San Marcos, CA 92069 (760) 510-4705
  • CalWORKs:  CalWORKs (California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids) is a state-funded program that assists welfare recipients and those in transition off of welfare through education and training.  CalWORKs supports student parents who are changing their own lives, two generations at a time.
  • EOPS: Extended Opportunities Programs and Services (EOPS) is a state-funded program designed for the orientation, recruitment and retention of California residents who are economically, socially, and educationally disadvantaged. EOPS assists students in reaching their educational goals through academic support and financial assistance. EOPS assists with the costs of textbooks, transportation (parking permit or transit pass), Student Health fee, student activity card, and the Student Supply Grant.
  • Are you a Palomar Promise Student and you need to take less than 12 units?  Contact the DRC at to discuss a DRC Promise Waiver with a DRC Counselor!