Students with prescribed exam accommodation, as reflected on their Accommodation Letter, may request the DRC Testing Center to proctor their exams. Students seeking services from the DRC Testing Center must request assistance five (5) business days in advance of their scheduled exams. Please take into consideration weekends and holidays when requesting assistance. You may refer to the current Academic Calendar for the most up-to-date schedule.Academic Calendar 2023-2024
Fall 2023 Update Regarding DRC Testing Center
The DRC Testing Center will provide exam accommodations either online or on-campus proctoring, reader, and/or scribe services depending on how the exam is being administer in class BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Students are required to contact the DRC Testing Center five (5) business days in advance of their scheduled exam.
Students can schedule an exam appointment by:
- Online: MyDRC Please review the Student Test Accommodation Policies and Procedures Handbook for more detailed information.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 760.744.1150, ext. 3939
Steps to ensure approved accommodations are ready for your exams:
- Exam accommodations must be approved by a DRC counselor based on documented disabilities.
- Students are to request an Authorized Academic Accommodation Letter for each course via MyDRC.
- Need help requesting a letter? Please see instructions on how to request accommodation letter(s).
- Authorized Academic Accommodation Letter(s) will be emailed to the student’s Palomar email.
- Revised Academic Accommodations Letter(s) (after the semester starts) should be given to the instructor three (3) business days before the next scheduled exam.
- Students are to forward the Accommodation Letter(s) to the instructor(s).
- Students are to ask their instructor(s) to review and acknowledge the letter(s) via MyDRC or ask to sign and return the letter(s) to the student. Students are responsible for returning the signed letter to the DRC in-person or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student are to review the Student Test Accommodation Policies and Procedures Handbook.
Before an Exam
- All exams must by scheduled five (5) business days in advance
- Students can schedule an exam appointment by:
On Exam Day
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before their scheduled appointment to allow ample time for check-in.
- Facial coverings are highly encouraged while indoors.
IMPORTANT HEALTH INFORMATION
District Wide COVID-19 Mitigation and Prevention Initiatives
- Contact Your Instructor(s) If You Do Not Feel Well.
- If you are not feeling well, please do not come to class or the DRC Testing Center, contact your instructor and the DRC Testing Center, and follow the guidance in this flowchart. If you have tested positive for COVID-19, please complete the COVID- 19 Questionnaire. A member of our student health services team will contact you. The information you provide in the questionnaire is confidential. The questionnaire provides necessary information to the College to provide guidance and issue the required notifications should an exposure take place on District property. If you have COVID-19 or other health related questions, please call Student Health Services at 760-891-7530.
Symptom List: Remain at home/do not come to campus if experiencing or exhibiting ANY of the symptoms below.
- Fever (defined as a temperature greater than 100.4
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Headache presumably related to COVID-19
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Nasal congestion or runny nose
- Nausea, or vomiting, or diarrhea