To schedule a counseling appointment, call the Counseling Front Desk at (760) 891-7511 or use the online system below.
* In-person appointments can only be scheduled by calling the Counseling Front Desk
Appointment Types Available:
Zoom, Phone or In-Person
- Education Planning
- Transcript Review
- Financial Aid Appeals
- Academic Probation/Dismissal
- Personal Counseling
- Career Development and Exploration
Conducted via Zoom, phone or in-person.
15-Minute Quick Question
- For quick questions that can be answered in 15 minutes or less
- Information not found on the Counseling FAQ webpage.
Conducted by phone only
New Student Appointment
- Education planning for new students with less than 15 units and no transcripts from other colleges
- 30-minute appointment 1-on-1 with a counselor
- View our Pre-Advising Orientation before meeting with a counselor
- Call (760) 891-7511 to book your new student appointment
Conducted via Zoom
Same Day Drop-ins
- Available for quick questions by phone
- Call (760) 891-7511 to be put into a queue (or a virtual waiting line) and a counselor with call you back
How to Prepare for Your Counseling Appointment
- Counseling is available via Zoom, phone or in-person.
- You will receive a confirmation and reminder of your counseling appointment via your Palomar email and text message.
- For Zoom appointments, you will need access to an electronic device, preferably a laptop or desktop. Camera not required. A Zoom link will be emailed to your Palomar email from email@example.com within one hour of scheduling your appointment.
- Have your Palomar email open during the first 15 minutes of your appointment. You will receive an email from your counselor if there are connectivity issues. Watch this video to learn how to access your student email.
- Students with disabilities who may need accommodations for their counseling appointment are encouraged to contact the counseling front desk to make arrangements with the Disability Resource Center (DRC). For more information regarding accommodations, you may contact DRC at 760-593-7230 or visit the DRC website.
- For more information, review How to Prepare for Your Online Counseling Appointment.