If you received a letter about your academic standing, read what to do next below. For a description of each level, click on the level in red.
No action required at this time. You are strongly encouraged to meet with a counselor for advisement. Take a look at these student success tips.
You are required to attend a Success Workshop online or attend a counseling appointment virtually. An enrollment hold will be placed on your record until you have fulfilled this requirement. Follow directions below:
Success Workshop Online
1. Access the online workshop by clicking on this direct link.
2. Enter your first name, last name, and student ID. All information must be correct to receive credit.
3. Holds will be released within 24 hours of successful completion of the workshop.
4. Sign up for a future session with a counselor to help you create a success plan.
*If you are on probation level 2 for a second time, watching the online workshop will not clear your hold. You will be required to set up an appointment with a counselor to get your hold cleared. If during registration time, we can clear your hold so that you can register, but you are still required to meet with a counselor.
Counseling Appointments (via Zoom)
1. Call (760) 891-7511 to set up an appointment with a counselor via Zoom. You will have the opportunity to ask a counselor questions about your education plan.
2. Holds will be released immediately after your session with the counselor.
No action required. While you have successfully completed your coursework, your overall record remains below standards.
You are required to sit-out for one semester (fall semester) before petitioning to re-enroll. Academic Dismissal Petition for Reinstatement is available in the Evaluations Office and may be submitted following your semester absence. Holds will be released beginning in December.
Follow directions below:
1. Sit-out (do not enroll in classes) for one semester (fall or spring) at Palomar College. Summers are not included as a term to sit-out. You may attend summer, but you are strongly urged to meet with a counselor for advisement.
2. Obtain an Academic Dismissal Petition for Reinstatement from the Evaluations Office during the semester you sit-out. Fill out the petition and submit it to the Evaluations Office in person or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Holds will be released in December prior to Spring re-enrollment (reinstatement). To view classes that are open now, look for the “Open Classes” link on the homepage. You may need to crash your courses for the semester.