About TRIO SSS
The TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) program is a one of three original federally-funded programs authorized by Congress in the 1960’s. Our mission is to contribute to the success of first-generation, low-income students, and individuals with disabilities by supporting and empowering program participants in their academic, personal, and professional growth.
The primary purpose of our program is to increase the persistence and graduation rates of our student participants. We are committed to our students’ successful achievement in reaching their academic goal of transferring to a four-year institution and earning a degree. We strive to provide various resources that add value to their educational journey at Palomar College and beyond.
All our services are student focused and include the following:
- Counseling: Academic, Career, Personal, and Transfer Advising
- Textbook Support and School Supplies
- Gas Cards (If eligible)
- Transit Pass (If eligible)
- Priority Registration
- Tutoring Support
- Scholarship Information and Assistance
- FAFSA Information and Assistance
- Use of Calculators and Computer Lab (Free Printing)
- University Campus Tours
- Academic Success Workshops
- Leadership and Personal Development Workshops and Programs
- Cultural Enrichment Activities
- College and University Search and Major Planning
- Meeting Academic and GPA Monitoring
- Mid-Semester Evaluations
- SSS Graduation/Transfer Recognition Ceremony
- And much more!