Service Guide – Candles and Incense

The use of candles, oil lamps and incense are prohibited campus-wide per the District’s SWAAC Inspectors and the local Fire Marshall.

Burning candles and incense are not only a safety  hazard, they can cause discomfort to staff who may be sensitive to the smoke or scent.  Scented candles and incense have also caused problems for asthma sufferers and others with respiratory problems.

The College does not have a policy on air fresheners, but if an employee or student has a sensitivity to the smell and notifies the Facilities Office, then the air freshener must be removed.

Please report any problems to the Facilities Office at extension 2629 or via email