In the Facilities Department’s ongoing effort to maintain and enhance the College, scheduled work that involves a change in the campus environment affecting our departments, students and staff will occur.
For specific information on individual notifications, please contact the person listed on the notification. Please call the Facilities Office at x2629 for general information.
Bookmark our page for the most comprehensive and up-to-date information available.
«Contractors will periodically drive on sidewalks from 11/1-11/8/22
From 11/1 through 11/8/22, Contractors will be excavating for and planting plumerias within the planters to the West of the Dome. Contractors will need to periodically drive on the sidewalks between the Stadium project and the planters with small, slow driving equipment carrying the plumerias.
«Increased Construction Vehicle traffic on Comet Circle 10/26-10/31/22
Increased Construction Vehicle traffic beginning Wednesday 10/26/22 through Friday 10/28/22:
1) Boxed trees to be transported from stadium site to nursery adjacent to parking lot 5. The truck traffic will continue north to Comet Circle and east to Borden Road. There should be no more than 2-3 trips per day (630am to 330pm).
2) Additionally, demo debris will start to be removed from the stadium site on Friday 10/28/22. There will be 4 trucks circulating throughout the day along the path noted above. Debris removal may continue through Monday 10/31/22.
« Fire Lane closed for Construction 10/25-11/8/22
The Fire lane between the O building and the Tennis courts will be shut down to pedestrians and non-essential traffic from 6:30am-4pm 10/25-11/8/22. Emergency vehicles and Pool deliveries will be provided access at all times. We apologize for any inconvenience.
« San Marcos Campus Prop M Construction Activity – posted 10/6/2022
Please be aware that construction of the new Athletics Football and Softball Stadiums project has commenced on the San Marcos campus. Temporary construction fencing has been placed around the work zone located in the SE corner of the campus and the area is off limits to all students, faculty and staff due to safety concerns. Additionally, Parking Lot #14 (located off of Mission Road and adjacent to the San Marcos Methodist Church) is closed to all student, faculty and staff as it is being used exclusively for construction worker parking. These areas will be closed until the project is complete which is currently scheduled for Oct. 20, 2023.
You will notice an increase in construction related traffic as work begins so please use caution when crossing Comet Circle and driving through campus. Over the next several weeks, demolition of existing fencing, lights, etc. and the salvage of some materials will be happening along with the boxing and relocation of existing trees which will be reused in the final landscaping around the project site as well as other parts of the campus.
The District will be sending out future construction related announcements using this platform to notify the campus of potentially disruptive events such as larger concrete placement days which would cause an increase in construction traffic, or a required utility shut down, etc.
Please contact Dennis Astl, firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 2772, if you have any questions or concerns.
« Temporary Overflow Parking Lot Closed Indefinitely
Please be advised the temporary overflow parking lot located next to the Softball Field will be closed effective Tuesday, February 20, 2018. The lot will only be open for home Softball games.
Please contact Derrick Johnson, email@example.com or extension 3677, if you have any questions or concerns.
« Graffiti Reporting
The Facilities Office receives a lot of phone calls and emails from employees reporting graffiti on our campuses. Please refer to the following paragraph regarding the reporting process:
Graffiti is an eyesore. It is costly, destructive, and is against the law (California Penal Code 594.2). Palomar College is committed to a prompt response to graffiti that occurs on campus and requests that all departments and individuals on campus promptly notify Campus Police at extension 2289 or 760/891-7273. Once a report has been issued, Campus Police will e-mail the report to the Facilities Office who will dispatch the appropriate tradesperson.
« Environmental Health & Safety Cart Operations Reminder
ATTENTION ALL DISTRICT AUTHORIZED CART OPERATORS
Please remember that all carts must refrain from driving on the main sidewalk during the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Exemptions are the Disability Resource Center (transporting students) and Health Services personnel (during emergencies only)
Please utilize Comet Circle from the top of campus (near the RS Buildings to the PAC Building) or the Fire Lane (near the NS Building to the O-Building).
Please remember also to:
- Give right-of-way to ALL foot traffic
- The speed limit for carts shall be no faster than pedestrian traffic
- Cart operators are to pay particular attention to the needs of disabled persons, as limitation in vision, hearing or mobility may impair their ability to see, hear or move out of the way of the carts
- Car operators are not to block the path or limit pedestrian access
- AT NO TIME AT ALL, are carts allowed to drive on the lawns — this is especially true for the area between the buildings of AA/ST and MD.
- Do not operate or park a cart on a sidewalk unless there is enough room for an ADA device to pass
- The use of earphones, earplugs, headsets, cellular phones (including texting), and portable radios are prohibited while driving
With the increased congestion in both vehicular and pedestrian traffic, safety and caution are absolutely critical.
When driving maintenance carts on campus, please do not drive along the sidewalks:
- Behind the DA Building to and from the NS Building. This is a pedestrian sidewalk not an established access route for carts. To reach the NS Building, please enter from the Comet Circle side to the driveway access.
- Side portion of the HS Building. This is a pedestrian sidewalk not an established access route for carts.
REMEMBER, the pedestrian always has the right of way!