There is no separate Promise application for your second year. First-year Promise students who are confirmed for Spring 2024 and meet all the requirements listed below will be considered for Promise Year 2. The Promise Office will begin to review eligibility for Year 2 Palomar Promise mid-June.
Requirements for Year 2 of the Palomar Promise Program (Fall 2024)
- Successfully complete at least 24 units (or units approved by DRC) by the end of the spring 2024 semester with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0. Only units receiving grades “A” through “D” or “P” are considered completed units.
- Complete, submit and have on record an official 2024-2025 FAFSA or California Dream Act application. If you have questions about your FAFSA or Dream Act renewal application, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 760-744-1150, ext. 2366 or email email@example.com
- Enroll full-time (a minimum of 12 units) or units approved by DRC for fall 2024 by stated deadline (TBA). Fall registration begins early May!
- Complete any outstanding Financial Aid To-Do list items. Please check your Student Center for any outstanding items. For questions about your To-Do list items, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
**Students who do not meet the Promise academic standards for 2023-24 will be notified via email after spring 2024 grades are posted regarding the Promise Progress petition process for Year 2.
In addition, Promise students are required to fulfill the requirements stated in the Palomar Promise Student Success Agreement.
We ask Promise students to:
- Meet with a counselor to develop your comprehensive educational plan before the end of your first year. We recommend scheduling a counseling appointment to develop your comprehensive education plan in February. You may contact the Promise Office at 760-744-1150, ext. 3931 or General Counseling to schedule your online/in-person counseling appointment. You may also visit the Online Appointment System to schedule an appointment.
- Attend at least (1) Skillshop each fall/spring semester. View the Skillshop schedule here.