There is no separate Promise application for your second year. First-year Promise students who are confirmed for Spring 2022 and meet all the requirements listed below will be considered for Promise Year 2. The Promise Office will begin to review eligibility for Year 2 Palomar Promise the week of June 27th. During that week, Promise statuses will be updated and official notifications will be sent to students via their Palomar student email.
Requirements for Year 2 of the Palomar Promise Program (Fall 2022)
- Successfully complete at least 24 units (or units approved by DRC) by the end of the spring 2022 semester with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0. Only units receiving grades “A” through “D” or “P” are considered completed units.
- Complete, submit and have on record an official 2022-2023 FAFSA or California Dream Act application. If you have questions about your FAFSA or Dream Act renewal application, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 760-744-1150, ext. 2366 or visit the Enrollment Services Virtual Front Desk
- Enroll full-time (a minimum of 12 units) or units approved by DRC for fall 2022 by June 17th (first review date). Registration begins on May 9th!
- Complete any outstanding Financial Aid To-Do list items. Please check your Student Center for any outstanding items. For questions about your To-Do list items, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
**Students who do not meet the Promise academic standards for 2021-22 will be notified via email after spring 2022 grades are posted regarding the Promise Progress petition process for Year 2.
In addition, Promise students are required to fulfill the requirements stated in the Palomar Promise Student Success Agreement.
We ask Promise students to:
- Meet with a counselor to develop your comprehensive educational plan before the end of your first year. Please contact the Promise Office at 760-744-1150, ext. 3931 or General Counseling to schedule your online/telephone counseling appointment. You may also visit the Online Appointment System to schedule an appointment.
- Attend at least (1) Skillshop each semester. View the Skillshop schedule here.