Am I considered a first-time college student?

Is your Palomar Promise application on hold due to the first-time college student requirement? If so, please read the information below. 

To be eligible for the Palomar Promise program, students must be a first-time college student. Students who have taken college courses or earned college units are not eligible to participate in the Palomar Promise program.

What if I earned college units while in high school?

If your Promise application is ON HOLD due to not meeting the first-time college student requirement, and the college units were earned while you were enrolled  in high school as part of dual enrollment/concurrent enrollment, please complete the K12 Special Admission Approval Form and the Health Consent form, and submit it to the Admissions Office in person or via email at For more information about K12 Special Admissions, please click here.  If you have questions, please contact the Admissions Office at 760-744-1150, ext. 2164.

If you graduated early from high school (i.e. December 2022/ January 2023), and you are enrolled in spring 2023 classes, please contact the Promise Office via email at and provide a copy of your unofficial transcript or High School diploma to include your graduate date for verification..


Should you have any questions, please contact the Promise Office via email at using your Palomar student email.