2022-23 PRP Training Sessions (Zoom)
Three training sessions have been scheduled to review the PRPs forms, including the Resource Request section. Register for only ONE session in the 3PD Portal TRAININGS tab (use your login and password to access). Videos of the scheduled trainings will be posted below.
Thursday, August 18th 2-3:30 p.m. (plenary)
Tuesday, September, 13th 2:30-4 p.m.
Wednesday, September, 14th, 9-10:30 a.m.
Additional training videos related to Program Review can be found at Training Videos.
The College assesses progress toward achieving stated goals and makes decisions regarding the improvement of institutional effectiveness in an on-going and systematic cycle of evaluation, integrated planning resource allocation, implementation, and re-evaluation. Evaluation of instructional and non-instructional programs is based on analyses of both quantitative and qualitative data. The PRP process was used to prioritize funding for approved
Instructional programs participate in a three-year cycle of Program Review and Planning. In year one, programs complete a comprehensive plan/review. In years two and three, programs provide annual updates to the comprehensive review. The Program Review and Planning process begins in the fall semester.
The best Program Review and Planning documents are created through a collaborative effort! We ask that disciplines engage their full and part-time faculty, when possible, in completing their reviews.
To complete the program review process:
- Department Chairs will be notified that the Instructional PRP form link is available in the Program Review and Planning webpage.
- Department Chairs will inform discipline leads where they can access the link .
- Once the form is complete and submitted, the form will be shared with Deans and VPs for review and feedback. Comprehensive PRPs will also be reviewed by an instructional peer review team.
- Disciplines will then provide edits to the PRP, as appropriate.
Warning: Forms do not save automatically. Be sure to save the form often. Forms do not allow for simultaneous work from different computers. Coordinate with your discipline colleagues to be sure no more than one computer has the form open at the same time, otherwise, entries to the form will be overridden.
Instructions and Resources
To complete a program review, complete the steps below. Click on each step for helpful information and resources.
Instructional programs will complete either a Comprehensive or Annual PRP. Consult the Instructional Programs List of Comprehensive and Annual PRPs for this year to determine if you must complete a comprehensive or annual review. Non-instructional departments will complete a PRP in addition to their discipline PRPs. Non-Instructional areas will complete the Non-instructional PRP form.
- Consult your previous year's PRP for reference. You will use this information to reflect on changes/progress from the prior year. Completed PRPs can be found on the Completed PRP Forms webpage.
- Access and complete the 2022-23 Instructional PRP form.
Warning: Forms do not save automatically. Be sure to save the form often.
Forms do not allow for simultaneous work from different computers. Coordinate with your discipline colleague to be sure no more than one computer has the form open at the same time, otherwise, entries to the form will be overridden. You may collaborate/share through Zoom or Teams Meetings.
Save progress to the form by clicking SAVE because the form does not save automatically. You will be prompted for your email address. A link to the saved form will be sent to your email, through which you can access the saved document and continue your review. A link to the form may also be shared with others for collaboration or review.
Once the form is complete, click SUBMIT . Your form will then be sent to your Dean and VP for review and feedback. If you are instructed to provide additional information to your document, you may use the same link to reopen your form and modify your PRP.
- Register for Training:
- Plenary PRP Orientation - Thursday, August 18 2-3:30 p.m.
- Instructional PRP - Tuesday, September 13, 2:30-4 p.m. (link coming soon)
- Instructional PRP - Wednesday, September 14, 9-10:30 a.m. (link coming soon)
To access a current SLO status report, complete the following steps:
- Log on to Nuventive Improve through the Faculty/Staff Single Sign-on. Your Palomar username and password is your login.
- Click on "Reports" in the left Navigation menu
- Click on "Ad Hoc Reports"
- Select Report #0 "Course SLO Report: Last Result Date and Action Date for All Active Course Outcomes"
- Review Course SLO Status
- All courses are required to be assessed at least once every three years.
- O*NET OnLine (all instructional programs)
- For CTE only:
The PRP calls for a three-year budget review by each program/unit. A special report has been created to access the required budget information. Access to the report is currently limited to ADAs. To access the report, users will log in to PeopleSoft Financials through the Palomar Single Sign On. Follow the directions below to run the required reports and use them to answer the questions in the Resources section for the PRP.
|TASK||ASSIGNED TO||START||DUE DATE|
|Webpage, Forms, and Data Updated||IR&P/ADAs||8/1/22||8/18/22|
|Training||IRP / Others||8/19/22||9/16/22|
|Disciplines complete PRP forms||Disciplines||8/19/22||10/12/22|
|Chairs confirm completion of PRPs||Chairs||10/12/22||10/14/22|
|Deans Review PRPs and Engage with Disciplines for Follow-up if Needed||Deans||10/14/22||11/4/22|
|PEER REVIEW of COMPREHENSIVE PRPs||EESSC|
|Disciplines receive feedback and make any changes||Disciplines||11/30/22||12/9/22|
|Dean sign off on final||Deans||12/9/22||12/16/22|
|Vice President Review and Feedback||VPs||12/19/22||1/13/23|
*Research will provide drop-in times for data review
**Deans will review technology and facilities requests and notify chairs to complete forms for Technology and Facilities requests that will move forward for prioritization.
New this year:
- Department Chairs do not need to provide PRP feedback. Chairs are asked only to certify the form to be complete.
- Additional Career and Labor Market Data questions regarding job placement rates and goals.
- Deans have an additional week to provide PRP feedback and assess resource requests.
- Departments will receive Peer Review (Comprehensive only) and Dean feedback at the same time. Deans will provide a second review, closing the feedback loop.
- Technology and Facilities requests will be reviewed beginning in December, for earlier prioritization.
Purpose of Program Review and Planning
The institution assesses progress toward achieving stated goals and makes decisions regarding the improvement of institutional effectiveness in an on-going and systematic cycle of evaluation, integrated planning resource allocation, implementation, and re-evaluation. Evaluation is based on analyses of both quantitative and qualitative data.
There are two types of forms: 1) Instructional, which includes either a set of comprehensive prompts or annual prompts depending upon where the discipline is in the review cycle; and 2) Non-instructional for units such as Divisions and non-instructional support areas.
Resources for Instructional PRPs
To complete a program review, complete the steps below.
- Identify if you are completing a comprehensive or annual PRP. Instructional programs will complete either a Comprehensive or Annual PRP. Consult the Instructional Programs List of Comprehensive PRPs for this year to determine if you must complete a comprehensive review. If it is not listed, you will need to complete an Annual PRP. Departments have the option to complete an annual PRP in addition to their discipline PRPs. Non-Instructional areas will complete Non-Instructional PRP.
- Review the online training videos for helpful information on completing the PRP
- Access PRP Data and use as a part of your review
- Access Assessment Reports
(Instructions on running reports)
- Gather Labor Market Information
As you might recall, last year we pushed our PRP process into the spring to allow time to work on academic maps. This year we will be returning to the regular cycle starting this fall (now).
- Since we literally just completed PRP’s a few months ago, the following will be provided to you:
- A link to this year’s PRP’s will be emailed to the Department Chairs with pre-populated information from the spring PRP’s that were submitted.
- Department Chairs will forward the link to the Department and/or Discipline responsible for completing the PRP.
- All of the content will need to be updated, but this will save time as some information may have not changed in 3 months.
Non-Instructional Departments and More Information:
- Departments have the option to complete an Annual PRP in addition to their discipline PRPs. For example, Multicultural Studies may complete an Annual PRP for their department in addition to the required PRP’s for their disciplines – Africana Studies, Chicano Studies and Multicultural Studies.
- All Non-Instructional areas (including Divisions) will complete the Non-Instructional PRP as a part of our new institutional process. Information is on this page: https://www.palomar.edu/irp/non-instructional-prps/
- For IPC members, I’ve also attached an IPC Comprehensive PRP and peer review list for 2019-2020 for # 6 above.
- Instructional Comprehensive and Annual Form: For those that did not complete a PRP last year, and need to start with a blank form.
For all others you should receive a link with a pre-populated form.
- Divisions and non-instructional support areas information: https://www.palomar.edu/irp/non-instructional-prps/
You are able to save your progress on the form so that you can return to it later or share the link with others in order to collaborate.
When everything is complete, make sure to hit Submit!
Warning: be sure to save your form often and you are unable to work on your form simultaneously on different computers.
2020-21 Timeline information (for all reviews)
|TASK||"ASSIGNED TO"||START||DUE DATE|
|Program Review and Planning|
|PRPs rolled over and send to each discipline/Data released for PRP work and Departments complete PRPs||Department||9/1/2020||10/16/2020|
|Department Chairs review PRPs and submit to Deans||Chairs||10/16/2020||10/30/2020|
|Deans for review PRPs and provide feedback||Deans||10/30/2020||11/6/2020|
|IPC groups review Comprehensive PRPs and provide feedback||IPC Groups||11/6/2020||11/27/2020|
|Departments may make changes per feedback||Department||11/27/2020||12/4/2020|
|VPI Reviews PRPs||VPI||12/4/2020||12/18/2020|
Helpful Resources to Support Program Review
- Student of Design: Palomar Community College District