It only takes a moment to make a difference!

Yesterday I was at Starbucks, right by school, enjoying an iced coffee while working on my online class.  Sitting next to me were two students and a mom.  I realized pretty quick that a girl and her mom were helping the guy understand how to enroll in classes and how to use the suggested schedule given to him by his counselor.  He is new to Palomar and had many questions, I could sense he was starting to feel as though there were no course options that would work for him and since he tested into Math 15 he felt like he was already starting way behind.  I decided to introduce myself and let them know  I am a teacher at Palomar so if they had any more questions I was happy to help.  I spent the next 15 minutes or so talking with them and easing his concern.  I then told him I still had room for another student in my Health class and helped him enroll.  It was a moment that not only made him smile, but also made me feel like I was truly making a difference.

I know many of us have stories like this.  It made me want to hear about all the good we are doing.

If you’d like to share an experience you had with a student, please do so!  It only takes a moment to make a difference!