Application Dates for the LVN to RN Program
The Fall 2022 application period will be
June 1 – June 10, 2022
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY:
- A current, active California LVN license in good standing from an accredited LVN program
- High School diploma or equivalency and unofficial college transcripts (if applicable)
- Transcripts from an accredited LVN/LPN Program
- Minimum 6 months work experience as an LVN within 2 years of applying
- Successful completion of all prerequisite coursework
- Successful completion of Palomar College Nursing 110 LVN-RN Transition course (2 year life)
- Successful completion of the TEAS exam with a score of 62% or higher
- No grade lower than a C for every class required, general education and nursing, will be accepted.
Fill out the Palomar College LVN to RN Application (6-29-21) and the Application Check List. Please make sure these forms are filled out completely. Please make sure your contact information is clear and legible.
Assemble the required documents that must be included in your application.
- A copy of high school diploma, GED, CHSPE, or highest level of U.S. degree awarded (Associate, Bachelor’s, or Master’s in any subject)
- All unofficial transcripts of course work (including from Palomar College)
- Unofficial copies of all TEAS attempts – including outdated exams
- A copy of your current California LVN license
- Any points attempted for a category must be verified with supporting documentation
Secure documents using paperclips or binder clips only. Do not use staples or place documents in page protectors, folders, or binders.
Submit your Palomar College LVN to RN Application. Please submit your application without staples, page protectors, folders, or binders. Secure documents with paperclips or binder clips only. **Due to campus being closed, we can currently only accept applications by mail. Applications must be postmarked by the deadline, but may be delivered at a later date.**
Mail your application addressed to:
Attn: Nursing Education Department
1140 W Mission Rd
San Marcos, CA 92069
We are not able to send notification that we’ve received your application. Please get a tracking number from your postal carrier to confirm proper delivery.
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING BEFORE SUBMISSION:
- You must register with Palomar College to obtain a student ID number before you submit your application and it must be on the application to be considered.
- Unofficial college transcripts can be submitted with your application. This includes any transcripts from Palomar College. The Palomar College Records Department will require official transcripts if you are accepted into the program.
- Required courses must be completed and a grade issued before applying.
- The ATI TEAS exam must be completed successfully (62% or higher) and all copies of attempted TEAS exams must be included with your application including prior expired versions. Print free copies directly from your account on the ATI website.
- The current TEAS exam is version 6. The TEAS Version 7 will be implemented in June 2022. We will accept both the TEAS version 6 and version 7 through our summer 2023 application period. Beginning in 2024, we will only accept the TEAS Version 7.
- We do not require a background check or proof of immunizations until after acceptance into the program.
- No grade lower than a C will be accepted for all coursework required, general education and nursing, for the associate’s degree.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- We do not keep transcripts or applications on file. All application documents are shredded after the completion of the selection process. If you are reapplying, you must resubmit a complete application with all supporting documents. Make sure to keep copies for your records.
- The acceptance notification process takes several weeks to complete. We do not notify all applicants at one time. All notifications are sent to the email provided on the application. Every applicant will receive a notification.
UNDERSTAND HOW POINTS ARE ISSUED IN AN APPLICATION REVIEW:
- Students are admitted on a space available basis only
- Students are selected using the Multi-Criteria Point System
- Please note: there is no longer an LVN applicant pool used for applicant selection, as the Multi-Criteria Point System has replaced this system.
- The program is two semesters
- Nursing classes required are Nursing 110, 203, 217, & 218
Please reference the College Catalog link 2018/2019 Catalog for more details, acceptable class choices, and full course descriptions. Locate our degree options under Nursing Education.