All Short-term employee applicants are required to complete the following hiring requirements. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- Short-term applicants must complete a Student and Short-Term Application.
- If the department extends a tentative offer of employment to a Short-term applicant, the department must complete a Short-term Employment Action Form and obtain all the appropriate signatures.
- The department must submit the application and the Action Form to HRS to begin the employment process. HRS will provide a pre-employment packet and instructions to the applicant.
- Fingerprinting is now required for all Short-term employee applicants. The applicant must fill out an Attachment to Application form disclosing any and all convictions prior to receiving the Request for Live Scan form. Short-term applicants are responsible for the costs associated with this process.
- Human Resource Services must receive and review the Live Scan/fingerprint report prior to the department offering a formal offer of employment.
- All hiring paperwork needs to be completed, negative tuberculosis test result provided, and Live Scan completed prior to beginning employment.
- Employees are not cleared to begin working until notified by Human Resources Services.
Information for Short-term Employees
- Hourly Rates of Pay for Short-term Employees
- Short-term and Student Hiring Guidelines
- Sick Leave for Student and Short-Term Employees
- Payroll Link for Short-term Employees
- Employment Policies and Procedures
- Workers Compensation New Hire Pamphlet (English)
- Workers Compensation New Hire Pamphlet (Spanish)
For more information
Contact our office at (760) 744-1150 ext. 2609 or email HR Help.