Beginning March 24th, Monthly Pronto passes will be available for purchase online through your MyPalomar account and in person at the San Marcos Cashier’s Window. The monthly pass costs $57.60. Pronto passes include unlimited rides on MTS buses, MTS Trolley, Breeze buses, and the Sprinter. The pass does not cover the MTS Rapid or Premium bus routes or the Coaster.
For online purchases, student will download the Pronto app and finalize payment for the pass through the link on their MyPalomar account. The student will be contacted by the Cashier’s Office within one business day to verify that the pass is valid and ready to be used. Passes are not valid until contacted by Cashier’s Office staff. Instructions on the entire purchase process can be found here.
Students qualifying for EOPS should reach out to the EOPS Office for information on receiving a semester or monthly pass.
Students are required to have the current term Student Activity Card in order to purchase a pass. Students are advised that they should carry their Student Activity Card with them anytime they are riding with MTS to prove, if asked, that they are a Palomar College Student. More information about the benefits of the Student Activity Card can be found here. We recommend purchasing the Student Activity Card through the Firefox web browser.
- Spring Semester Passes are available for purchase January 6th through March 23rd. The pass is valid from January 9th through June 10th.
- Monthly Passes are always available for purchase in person at the San Marcos Cashier’s Office. Beginning March 24th, monthly passes will be available for purchase through your MyPalomar account.
How to Purchase
- Monthly Passes- Beginning March 24th, Monthly Pronto passes can be purchased online through your MyPalomar account or in person at the San Marcos Cashier’s Office. These passes are only valid for a calendar month. Passes can be purchased starting the 20th of the previous month through the 19th of the pass month (Example- a May Pronto Pass can be purchased between April 20th and May 19th. This pass is only valid for May). The online purchase dates vary and account for holidays, weekends, and school closures so please pay attention to the valid dates when purchasing the pass online. Instructions can be found here. Please note that online purchases of Pronto passes are not valid until student has been contacted by the Cashier’s Office staff.
Costs and How to Pay
- Monthly Pass- $57.60 (once per month)- students can purchase online using Credit or Debit Card or in person using using credit, debit, check, or money order.
- Current Term Student Activity Card (once per semester)- $15
Once purchasing the Pronto Pass online, the student will be contacted by the Cashier’s Office staff to confirm that their pass has been loaded to their account. Passes are not valid until contacted by Cashier’s Office Staff. Passes loaded onto the Pronto Pass at Palomar College are only valid for MTS Buses, MTS Trolleys, , Breeze Buses, and the Sprinter. The Coaster, MTS Rapid Buses, and other Premium Bus Routes are not covered with this pass.
Once activated, Pronto passes cannot be refunded.
Instructions on Downloading the App can be found here.
Updated 03/22/23 CS
Per the terms of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Palomar College and Metropolitan Transit System, Pronto sales are restricted to Palomar College students only at this time.