Paying for Classes

Financial Resource Hub

Below are the most commonly used forms of funding for students at Palomar College. Before applying for Financial Aid it’s important that you have access to your student email. You can find your email address on the Springboard in your MyPalomar account. When accessing your email, type your full email address to login (  Your password is the same password that you use to access MyPalomar. Financial Aid will only use your student email account to correspond with you.

1) Free Application For Student Aid (FAFSA)

  • The FAFSA application connects students with federal aid including the Pell Grant and student loans.
  • To complete the FAFSA, click here. Palomar College will receive a report of your eligibility within 10 days and a To Do List may populate on your eServices Student Center. The items listed must be completed for your file to be processed. You will receive an email to your student email account when this checklist is available for you. The sooner you complete your file, the sooner your file will go to an Advisor to be processed.
  • For additional information regarding Financial Aid, please visit their website.

2) California College Promise Grant (previously known as the Board of Governors Waiver -BOGW).

CCPG is a state sponsored program which covers tuition for qualifying students. Health fees, Student Center Fees, Student Representative Fees, and course fees are not waived under California College Promise Grant.

  • Apply online via the FAFSA application link above or by using the “Apply for California Promise Grant” link on your eServices Student Center page.   Eligibility determination may take up to five (5) business days.  Please note: you may be required to provide benefit or income documentation.  Follow the instructions very carefully.  For additional information regarding CCPG, visit our Financial Aid website.

3) Tuition Assistance (TA).

TA is the military’s financial assistance program that helps cover tuition costs for courses.  TA will cover 100% of your tuition up to $250 per semester credit hour.

  • For additional information on how to apply for TA, please visit our Tuition Assistance webpage.

4) Veteran/ Veteran Dependent Benefits.

  • You can apply for your VA education benefits on the eBenefits website here, and follow the instructions on our Veteran Student Checklist
  • For additional information and services provided to Veterans, please visit our Veterans Services website.

5) Cal Vet Fee Waiver.

Under the California Education Code, dependents of veterans whose death or disability was service-connected may be eligible for exemption from many College or University fees.