All volunteers are required to complete the following requirements. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- The department must complete a Request/Recommendation for Volunteer Service Form and obtain all the appropriate signatures.
- The department must submit the application and the Volunteer Service Form to HRS to begin the onboarding process. HRS will provide a clearance packet and instructions to the volunteer.
- Fingerprinting is required for all volunteers. The volunteer must fill out an Attachment to Application form disclosing any and all convictions prior to receiving the Request for Live Scan form.
- Departments are responsible for the costs associated with this process. The Live Scan facility will directly charge the District’s PO at the time of the service.
- Human Resource Services must receive and review the Live Scan/fingerprint report prior to the volunteer being cleared to begin service.
- All volunteer paperwork needs to be completed, negative tuberculosis test result provided, and Live Scan completed prior to beginning volunteer service.
- Volunteers are not cleared to begin service until notified by Human Resources Services.
Information for Volunteers
For more information
Contact our office at (760) 744-1150 ext. 2609 or email HR Help.