All student employee applicants are required to complete the following hiring requirements. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- Student applicants must complete a Student and Short-Term Application.
- If the department extends a tentative offer of employment to a Student applicant, the department must complete a Student Employment Action Form and obtain all the appropriate signatures.
- The department must submit the application and the Action Form to HRS to begin the employment process. HRS will provide a pre-employment packet and instructions to the applicant.
- Fingerprinting is required for all Student employee applicants. The applicant must fill out an Attachment to Application form disclosing any and all convictions prior to receiving the Request for Live Scan form. The Live Scan fee will be charged to the District for Student applicants.
- Human Resource Services must receive and review the Live Scan/fingerprint report prior to the department offering a formal offer of employment.
- All hiring paperwork needs to be completed, negative tuberculosis test result provided, and Live Scan completed prior to beginning employment.
- Employees are not cleared to begin working until notified by Human Resources Services.
Information for Student Employees
- Hourly Rates of Pay for Student Employees
- Short-term and Student Hiring Guidelines
- Sick Leave for Student and Short-Term Employees
- Payroll Link for Student Employees
- Employment Policies and Procedures
- Workers Compensation New Hire Pamphlet (English)
- Workers Compensation New Hire Pamphlet (Spanish)
For more information
Contact our office at (760) 744-1150 ext. 2609 or email HR Help.