The EEDCC (formerly known as DEqCC) was formed by the Faculty Senate in fall of 2020 in order to create a faculty group on campus that would both initiate and support various Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) activities on campus, the overall progress of which can be found on the Palomar College DEI Page. The membership of the EEDCC consists of a Co-Chair elected from the Faculty Senate body, eight additional at-large faculty members, and a Co-Chair elected from within the committee from those eight at-large members.
Eduardo Aguilar (Senator, Ethnic Studies) – Co-Chair
Dr. Alan Aquallo (American Indian Studies)
Michael Mufson (Performing Arts)
Sabrina Menchaca (DRC Counseling)
Katy Farrell (Library)
3 current vacancies
As activists to the Faculty Senate, this subcommittee will disrupt the status quo by dismantling and eradicating inequities. We challenge others to be uncomfortable and do the transgressive work towards the shared goal of infusing equity and antiracism throughout our college. We will rebuild, critically question, challenge, engage, reexamine equitable praxis, and validate the cultural agency of the entire Palomar College Community with particular attention towards serving students.
- Offer and sustain cultural conscious training programs, workshops, and activities.
- Advise faculty on matters of diversity, equity, and cultural consciousness.
- Identifying and developing opportunities for further implementation and integration of diversity, equity, inclusion, and cultural consciousness in the classroom, curriculum, and hiring.
- Consult with TERB on matters of faculty evaluation related to cultural consciousness.
- Report to the Faculty Senate and Superintendent/President on primacy issues pertaining to diversity, equity, and cultural consciousness.