Distance Education Committee
Meeting Time: 1st and 3rd Wednesdays at 2:30 – 4:00pm.
This Senate committee will coordinate faculty interests in all areas of academic technology. This committee will advise the Senate on relevant technology matters:
1) discuss issues on technology related to student equity (access)
2) coordinate with faculty on technology governance committees
3) coordinate with curriculum committee on distance learning courses
4) discuss pedagogical issues relating to on-line courses and changes in technology
5) discuss issues of training for on-line instructors. See our Faculty Online Certification Information here.
6) advocate for faculty concerns regarding technology
7) discuss academic and professional issues related to courses taught in non-traditional formats such as percentages of faculty and department loads
Reporting Relationship: Faculty Senate
Chair: Erin Hiro, Distance Education Coordinator and Senator. For more information, visit the committee website.