||Library Technician I Public Services
|Discipline or Department:
||Dean IS and Coordinator Library Operations
|Hourly Rate or Monthly Salary:
||$1,950.49 per month plus vacation, sick leave, holiday pay, and enrollment in a retirement system
|Full Time or Part Time?
|Months Per Year:
||18 hours per week, 10 months per year (Aug – May), on the San Elijo campus; work schedule Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. The person selected for this position will be subject to assignment to any district facility during any hours of operation.
(Faculty Positions Only):
|Basic Functions and Details:
Under the direction of the Dean, Academic Information Services and the Coordinator, Library Operations, offer instructional support to students, faculty and staff by providing access to and instruction in a variety of library resources; provide for the circulation, acquisition and cataloging of library materials; maintain academic reserve collection.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:To be eligible for this position, you must meet and provide evidence of the following minimum qualifications:
1. Education equivalent to an associate degree;
2. One year of closely related work experience. NOTE: for work experience, a “year” is defined as equivalent to 40 hours per week for 12 months, or at least 2,080 hours.
1. Completion of a certificate for a library technician/technical assistant program.
2. One year of experience working in the public services area of a library
To view the MiraCosta College library website, go to http://library.miracosta.edu/homepage.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply and submit application materials through MiraCosta College's online application system at https://jobs.miracosta.edu. Once you are in the system, we strongly advise you to read the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) and the information on “How to Apply” before starting the application process.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the following items:
1. Classified application.
2. Cover letter addressed to the Screening and Interview Committee which explains how you meet the minimum and desirable qualifications and relates your experiences relative to the representative duties, knowledge and abilities listed in this job posting.
3. Current resume.
4. Transcripts of college coursework which provide evidence of meeting the minimum qualifications as stated above. Unofficial or legible photocopies are acceptable. If a degree(s) was earned, the transcripts must indicate that the degree was awarded. If your degree(s) is from a college or university outside of the United States, you must submit a detailed evaluation from a professional evaluation agency.
5. Two recent (within the last calendar year), dated letters of recommendation.
Note: Do not submit materials other than those requested above. The committee will not consider them.
To apply for this position or for more information visit our website at: https://jobs.miracosta.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1404233120934
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing an educational environment which affirms and supports diversity in its faculty, staff, and administration, and promoting an environment of inclusion.