||Coordinator, Library Operations
|Discipline or Department:
||Dean, Academic Information Services
|Hourly Rate or Monthly Salary:
||$6,494.67 per month includes employer-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for employee and dependents; $100,000 employee life insurance; other optional coverages; and membership in the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS)
|Full Time or Part Time?
|Months Per Year:
(Faculty Positions Only):
|Basic Functions and Details:
Under the direction of the Dean, Academic Information Services, supervise and coordinate the daily operations of the library; participate in the development, interpretation and administration of library policies, procedures, issues and activities; collaborate with Academic Information Services staff and library faculty to provide a variety of library services for the MiraCosta College community at all district sites.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:To be eligible for this position, you must meet and provide evidence of the following minimum qualifications:
1. Education equivalent to an associate degree;
2. One year of closely related work experience. NOTE: for work experience, a “year” is defined as equivalent to 40 hours per week for 12 months, or at least 2,080 hours.
1. Completion of a certificate for a library technician/technical assistant program.
2. One year of experience working in the public services area of a library
To view the MiraCosta College library website, go to http://library.miracosta.edu/homepage.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply and submit application materials through MiraCosta College’s online application system at https://jobs.miracosta.edu. Once you are in the system, we strongly advise you to read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and the information on “How to Apply” before starting the application process.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the following items:
1. Classified application.
2. Cover letter addressed to the Screening and Interview Committee which explains how you meet the minimum and desirable qualifications and relates your experiences relative to the representative duties, knowledge and abilities listed in this job posting.
3. Current resume.
4. Transcripts of college coursework which provide evidence of meeting the minimum qualifications as stated above. Unofficial or legible photocopies are acceptable. If a degree(s) was earned, the transcripts must indicate that the degree was awarded. If your degree(s) is from a college or university outside of the United States, you must submit a detailed evaluation from a professional evaluation agency.
Note: Do not submit materials other than those requested above. The committee will not consider them.
The committee will review application materials three to four weeks following the closing date. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone; those not selected for interview will be notified by e-mail once interview candidates have been scheduled.
Offer of employment to the person selected for this position is contingent upon the following: successful completion of a pre-placement physical exam at district expense; submission of a current tuberculosis test clearance; proof of eligibility to work in the United States; and fingerprint clearance.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation with the application and/or interview process, please contact the Human Resources office at least five days prior to the application deadline.
Retired STRS members are not eligible for this position.
Apply and submit application materials through MiraCosta College’s online application system at https://jobs.miracosta.edu.
Attn: Human Resources
1 Barnard Drive
Oceanside CA 92056
EEO STATEMENT:MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing an educational environment which affirms and supports diversity in its faculty, staff, and administration, and promoting an environment of inclusion.