The Camp Pendleton Education Center and Palomar College have teamed up to provide a 30-day, on-duty educational program. It is open to all Active Duty enlisted personnel, Dependents, and Civilians who are interested in improving their English and math skills. Once students finish the course, they should see an improvement in their basic English and math skills.
MASP is mandatory for all active duty military students who want to use Tuition Assistance for the first time and have a GT score of 99 or below and a TABE grade below a 10.2.
How to get started:
1. Check with your command to make sure you are able to attend a 30-day session. Active Duty personnel must have command support and be issued permissive TAD orders by his or her unit to attend the MASP program.
2. Provide the following documents to the Joint Education Center (JEC) for approval:
- General Technical (GT) score of 99 or below
- Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) test scores. TABE scores must be within the last three years.
- Signed MASP Acknowledgement of Responsibilities Letter
- Permissive Temporary Additional Duty Orders (PTAD). These are required on the first day of class.
3. Go to Palomar College and apply for Admissions. Palomar cannot enroll you into the program until the JEC has approved the above documents.