Palomar College Learning For Success

Enrollment Services

Admissions * Evaluations * Records * International Education * Transcripts

State Authorization Complaint Process

Palomar College is committed to an educational environment that is free from interference and disruption, and that fosters equity and mutual respect.

The following administrative processes are available to Individuals who believe that they have been treated unfairly or that their rights have been violated:

1. AP 5530Student Complaints and Grievance

2. AP 5520Student Disciplinary Procedures

3. AP 5500Standards of Student Conduct

4. AP 5045 – Student Records: Challenging Content and Access Log

5. AP 3430Prohibition of Harassment

6. BP 3410Nondiscrimination

7. AP 3500Campus Safety

8. AP 4231Grade Changes

Most complaints, grievances or disciplinary matters can be resolved at the campus level starting with one’s instructor, department chair, or Dean. If a complaint does not fall into one of the categories above, the complaint should be addressed in writing to the appropriate college Vice President

Individuals are strongly encouraged to make every attempt to resolve matters through the appropriate administrative processes. Matters that are not resolved internally may be processed by using the following agencies in the order described below.

  • The Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) at if your complaint is associated with the institution’s compliance with academic program quality and accrediting standards. ACCJC is the agency that accredits the academic programs of the California Community Colleges.
  • To report violations of Federal laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to ED programs and funding, including complaints involving ED employees, recipients of ED funds, schools, school officials, other educational institutions, contractors, lending institutions, collections agencies, or public officials. Please contact the Office of Inspector General.
  • If your complaint does not concern the California Community College’s compliance with academic program quality and accrediting standards, you may contact the California Community College Chancellor’s Office by completing the web form found here.

California Residents Enrolled in an Out-of-State Online Program

In the event a California resident enrolled in an online program at a public or private nonprofit college or university that is physically located in another state believes the institution’s administrative processes or educational programs are compromised, DCA should be notified.

A complaint may be filed by writing to DCA or calling DCA’s Consumer Information Center (CIC) at:

California Department of Consumer Affairs

Consumer Information Center

1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N-112

Sacramento, California 95834

Telephone: (833) 942-1120


More information on the process can be found on the DCA website at

Last modified on February 3, 2022


Mon-Thurs: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: Closed for in-person services. Virtual Only.

Phone, Email & Zoom
Mon-Thurs: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 7:30am - 2:00pm

Select “Contact Us” for Holiday

San Marcos Campus, SSC

Phone: 760-891-7512
Fax: 760-761-3536

My Palomar Help Desk Hours

Phone: (760) 744-1150 x2140
Monday – Friday  7:30AM – 5PM
Location: A-110

We are constantly striving to improve and we'd love to hear from you! Please let us know about your experience by using the comment box:Comment Box

Financial Aid Questions? Get video answers, click here. Financial Aid TV

scroll to top