Faculty must ensure that the following forms are included in each student’s folder/packet at the end of the semester:
Coordinator Evaluation Form
Completed by Palomar Professor to document consultations with the supervisor and the student.
- Fill out the top 3/4 of the form when conducting the job site visitation with the employer.
- Complete the Student Final Interview portion with the student at the end of the semester.
- State the grade the student thinks he/she should get. State the number of units for the Work Experience class.
- State the total hours worked & make sure the student has met the minimum hours requirement if giving a passing grade.
- Make sure to sign the Coordinator Evaluation.
Statement of Cooperation
Statement of Cooperation – formal agreement among Palomar College professor, student, and student’s supervisor that the student is participating in a work experience course. The student, professor, and supervisor all agree to the student’s learning objectives for the class.
- A Statement of Cooperation should be given to the student after you have approved their work/internship goals.
- You must ensure that the goals are acceptable, prior to signing the Statement of Cooperation in the center.
- Student to sign & secure employer signature & return the Statement of Cooperation to you within one week of receiving it.
Learning Objectives Worksheet (optional)
- This worksheet is to be used as a tool for you to “approve” the student’s goals. At the beginning of the course term, the student must fill out the Learning Objectives Worksheet with their supervisor & then submit it to you for approval.
- Once you approve of the goals, you will need to give the student the Statement of Cooperation, which should be returned to you within one of week (after the student fills out the goals, signs the center, & secures supervisor signature).
Enrollment Application (in lieu of student survey on Canvas)
- Students must fill out an Enrollment Application for each job/internship that they are using towards the Work Experience Credit.
- Collect Enrollment Application from each student PRIOR to census date & submit them to the Coop Ed Office. We will then update your pay for the class, depending on how many Enrollment Applications you have collected.
- Certify your census roster & drop any student who does not submit an Enrollment Application prior to census.
- Ensure the student has signed the Enrollment Application, certifying the hours they must complete to pass
- Sign the bottom of the Enrollment Application, indicating whether the student’s employment or internship is Occupational or General.
Documents student’s work experience hours. The student submits periodically during the class so the professor can monitor progress. The supervisor signs at the end of the class to verify hours.
Work Experience Evaluation
Submitted by the student at the end of the class. Captures written feedback from supervisor on the student’s progress on learning objectives and overall performance and verification of total hours completed.
Please call or email the Coop Ed Office if you have any questions/concerns. We can be reached at CoopEd@palomar.edu or by phone at 760/744-1150 x2354