Welcome to Cooperative Education: Learning through Jobs and Internships
The Cooperative Education Department helps Palomar’s students advance their education and career goals through work experience. Through Cooperative Education classes, students can earn course credit for what they learn on-the-job and through internships.
If you’re a student, Cooperative Education classes can help you:
- Earn college credit while working
- Build your resume with work experience
- Increase employability and earning power
- Expand your professional network
- Learn new skills
- Gain insights into a new career field
Students – check out additional information here. You can see current job and internship opportunities through Handhsake.
If you’re a company, working with the Cooperative Education Department to offer internships can help your organization:
- Build its talent pipeline
- Increase productivity
- Evaluate prospective employees under real working conditions
- Reduce recruitment and training costs
- Improve retention