Palomar College is pleased to invite local companies to participate in the Palomar College Internship Program.
Internships are a win-win-win for students, local companies, and Palomar College.
Internships can help your company:
- Build its talent pipeline while creating meaningful on-the-job learning opportunities for students.
- Increase productivity
- Evaluate prospective employees under real working conditions
- Reduce recruitment and training costs
- Improve retention
- Palomar College covers the Worker’s Compensation Insurance for unpaid interns
- Students earn course credit through Cooperative Education classes
To be an internship host, we will ask your company to:
- Provide an opportunity for the student to learn new skills
- Work with the student to set 3 learning objectives
- Provide training, guidance, mentorship, and constructive feedback to the student
- Participate in a brief site visit (10 minutes) with an instructor from Palomar College during the semester
- Sign off on brief monthly reports prepared by the student
If your company is new to hosting interns, we recommend that you check out these key considerations when developing an internship program.
Internship start/end dates Palomar College offers internship courses Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. Internship courses start at the beginning of the semester, four weeks in, or half-way through the semester to coincide with class start dates. Please contact the Cooperative Education Office for more information on start/end dates for specific semester dates.
To get started, please share internship opportunities for Palomar students through the free Handshake platform.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Jason Jarvinen at 760.744.1150 x2355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.