Zoom Account Setup:
To set up your Zoom account you will need to log into the Palomar Portal and look for the Zoom tile and click on it. That will automatically set up your Palomar Zoom account.
If, however, you don’t have that tile, you’ll need to request from the Information Services Helpdesk (firstname.lastname@example.org or X2140) that they add that tile to your Portal screen. Once they have the tile established in the Portal for you, you’ll need to click it to get your account set up.
Zoom Office Hours in Canvas:
- Select the Canvas course in which you would like to schedule office hours.
- Select Zoom in the course navigation menu on the left.
- In Zoom, click Schedule a New Meeting.
- Enter a Topic and the date and time your office hours will be held.
- Click Recurring meeting to schedule office hours for the same time each week and select the end date and other details for your recurring office hours.
- In Meeting Options, click Enable waiting room and click Save.
- To see the list of your Zoom office hours, click on Zoom on the course navigation on the left.
- In the Upcoming Meetings tab, you and your students will see the link to your office hours for each week.
Palomar was not given a license for webinars on our Zoom sub-account. You will need to contact the ConferZoom TechConnect team for any webinar requests. You can contact them via email at email@example.com for assistance.