PAVE is a peer support program that connects incoming student veterans and dependents on college campuses with student veterans and dependents who are trained as Peer Advisors who can help them navigate college life, address challenges they may face, refer them to appropriate resources on and off campus, and provide ongoing support.
Who can join PAVE?
Veterans are able to join PAVE whether they are currently using their GI Bill or VR&E benefits or not.
Dependents who are actively using their VA education benefits are eligible to be a PAVE member.
- We are here to ease the transition from the military to academia.
- Improve students’ sense of connectedness to Palomar.
- Connecting with others of a similar background.
- Create a safe haven and source of support.
- Providing information for on and off campus resources