The Palomar College Veterans Resource Center is Hiring!
Worksite Location: San Marcos Campus
Total hours per week: 13-25
Work schedule: Varies. Hours between: Monday-Thursday, 8:00 am- 5 pm & Friday, 8:00 am-4pm; occasional evenings and weekends to include off campus.
Hourly pay rate: Federal or State minimum wage, whichever is higher.
Job Skills and Qualifications: Students must be eligible for FEDERAL VA WORK STUDY (using federal VA education benefits at ¾ time), be self-motivated, possess good communication skills, practice student-centered customer service, have proficient computer skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple interruptions.
Duties: Students hired in this position will assist in multiple tasks to assist with the VA enrollment certification process for students who are using VA education benefits. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in maintaining student files for all students using VA education benefits
- Assist in initial VA certification, adds, and drops
- Assist in providing guidance to students in correct procedures for completion of VA forms in regards to VA education benefits and school forms
- Assist in coordination for veteran related events such as Veterans Day, Memorial Day, Patriots Day, student orientations, outreach, student workshops, regional and national meetings hosted at Palomar College and off campus
- Schedules students for counseling appointments, workshops, orientation and special events
- Assists in maintaining responses to Veterans Email and Veterans Voicemail
- Assists with office duties to maintain Veterans Resource Center and ensure compliance with VA regulations
- Assists with connecting military affiliated students with appropriate resources and referrals to additional assistance Submit VA form 22-8691, Application for Work-Study Allowance, and a simple resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or walk the forms into our office at the San Marcos campus.
How to Apply: Submit VA form 22-8691, Application for Work-Study Allowance, and a resume to email@example.com. You may also walk the forms into our office at the San Marcos campus.