Personal Counseling

Personal counseling services are available to assist you with personal concerns that might interfere with your academic work.  Personal counseling includes the following:

  • Referrals to see a licensed therapist on campus if needed
  • Referrals for outside professionals, shelters, hotlines and other resources
  • Personal adjustment
  • Stress management
  • Time management
  • Mental health issues

To make an appointment with a General Counselor, call (760) 891-7511.  Counselors can give referrals to see a license therapist on campus if needed.

For CRISIS (Non-Life Threatening) situations, call:
On campus, Counseling Service (760) 744-1150 x2197
Off campus, San Diego County 24 hour hotline at 1-800-273-8255 (TALK)

For EMERGENCY (Life-Threatening) situations, call:
On campus, call Campus Police (760) 744-1150 x2289
Off campus, call 911

For additional outside resources, including shelters and clinics, see the Behavioral Health Off Campus Resources. For Behavioral Health services at the Student Health Center, see the Behavioral Health website.


Last modified on March 18, 2019