Student Testimonials

“I’ve learned more at The Telescope than every other class combined. I learned about the craft, about the field, but mostly, I learned about myself.

The Telescope is a special place, and it saddens me to be leaving it. But I’m thankful for every minute that I’ve spent here.”

Mike Peterson

“I came back and I decided to try again. Somewhere in-between working at The Telescope and dealing with my mental illness, my inspiration kicked. Dealing with another semester was something I didn’t regret. I’ve done so much unimaginable writing and I fell for it as a career.”
Diana Guevarra
“Writing here for The Telescope is something which has validated my place at Palomar. I am put in the uncomfortable position of interviewing people all the time. I have to speak up and stand my ground as a journalist. This has helped me find my place in other courses and ultimately create relationships with people I could not have before.”
Cody Jendro
I am walking away from Palomar with more than just my degrees, I am leaving with the confidence to succeed and the strength to pick myself up if I fall.