The Equity, Education, and Student Success Council guides the College’s policy and planning related to maintaining equity and excellence in all aspects of instructional and student success programs, which fosters a climate of inclusiveness and support. The Council will pay specific attention to ensuring that all students receive the opportunities and support they need to develop a strong foundation for life-long, resilient learning, career success, and global citizenship.
The Equity, Education, and Student Success Council meets on 1st and 3rd Fridays from 9:30am to 11:00am.
To access the Equity, Education, and Student Success Council minutes, agendas, and other information, please refer to the Equity, Education, and Student Success Council page on Board Docs.
Council Goals 2023-24
- Review Chapter 4 and Chapter 5 Board Policies and Administrative Policies to ensure the language is focusing on Equity and Student Success.
- Ensure implementation of the Student Equity Plan and Guided Pathways Plan.
- Assess onboarding and retention initiatives.
- Consider technologies to implement plans.
- Create reporting committees related to the Student Equity Plan and Guided Pathways Plan when needed.
- Monitor progress of the goals and objectives within the Student Equity Plan and Guided Pathways Plans.
- Ensure that College outreach and marketing efforts support the Student Equity and Guided Pathway Plans.
- Reassess faculty position priority process.
- Review College DEIAA statement submitted by Chief Diversity Officer.
- Ensure Instructional Program and Review process and forms are reviewed and updated.
Click here to view current committee membership
- Academic Review Committee
- Access and Inclusion Committee Subcommittee
- Behavioral Health and Campus Wellness
- Disability Resource Center Advisory Committee
- Faculty Position Priority Committee
- Instructional Program Review and Planning Committee
- Palomar College Committee to Combat Hate (PC3H)
- Program Development, Revitalization, and/or Discontinuance Subcommittee
- Registration Committee
- Scholarship Committee
- Valedictorian Selection Committee
Reporting Task Force(s)
- Guided Pathways Advisory Task Force
- Library/Counseling Hiring Task Force
- Outcomes Technology Task Force