The Employees, Community, and Communication Council is dedicated to cultivating, building, and sustaining a community of inclusivity that creates a welcoming, safe, and respectful environment for all to thrive. With a holistic view of the human experience at Palomar College, the Council pays particular attention to the opportunities inherent in recognizing and cultivating the interconnections between all of the College’s diverse communities and constituent groups.
The Employees, Community, and Communication Council meets on 1st and 3rd Fridays from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
To access the Employees, Community, and Communication Council Minutes, Agendas, and other information please refer to Board Docs.
Council Goals 2022-23
- Recommend policies and procedures to meet the onboarding, professional development, and human resources needs (e.g., ADA compliance, employee recognition) of the College in alignment with our antiracist framework.
- Recommend and/or develop new policies and practices to increase diversity in hiring.
- Monitor the implementation of the College’s EEO and Staffing (Human Resources) Plans.
- Evaluate effectiveness of professional development to ensure access to and quality of professional development for all employees and make recommendations for improvement as needed.
- Monitor the Classified Professional Growth Program.
- Provide a forum for employees and students to address safety and security needs and concerns.
- Develop and assess initiative to cultivate and sustain college culture and climate.
- Review and recommend processes for effective communication among all employees.
- Support activities that engage the campus with the external community.
Continually compile evidence related to accreditation Standard III.A as well as other relevantaccreditation requirements and monitor the College’s ongoing compliance with theserequirements.
- Benefits Committee
- Classified Professional Growth Committee
- Equal Employment Opportunity Advisory Committee
- Professional Development Committee
- Safety and Security Committee
- TEAM LIFE Committee
Reporting Task Force
- DEIAA Development Task Force