What is the Bridges Scholar Program?
The primary objective of the grant, awarded from the National Institute of Health (NIH), is to support underrepresented community college students interested in science careers, so they may complete their lower division requirements and transfer to a four-year university. In addition, students accepted into the program are introduced to STEM research in the hope that they will pursue research careers.
Why Become a Bridges Scholar?
- $6,000 per year of financial support for participation in specified activities and academically progressing towards transfer
- Peer tutoring and supplemental instruction
- Assistance with transfer applications
- Guest speakers
- Undergraduate research opportunities at CSUSM
- Opportunities to participate in activities designed to foster ties to the scientific community and keep students motivated
Bridges Scholar Program Materials
Beth Pearson (Site Coordinator, Bridges to the Future Grant, Associate Professor, Life Sciences)
email: email@example.com or call: 760.744.1150 ext. 2874