Palomar College Police Academy is a POST-approved Testing Center for the Module III, Module II and PC 832 Requalification Testing.
The Requalification Testing consists of three sets of required tests:
- Comprehensive Test: Includes multiple-choice questions on laws of arrest and related topics
- Arrest Methods Exercise Tests: Include searching, takedown techniques, control holds, and handcuffing
- Firearms Exercise Test: Includes basic handgun shooting principles
PC 832 Arrest & Firearms Requalification
California Penal Code (PC) Section 832(e) requires individuals who previously completed a California PC 832 Arrest and Firearms Course to "requalify" prior to exercising peace officer powers if they:
- Have not been employed as a California peace officer within three years of the course completion date, or
- Have a three-year or longer break in service as a California peace officer.
Module III Requalification
Commission Regulation 1008(g) requires individuals who previously completed a Module III Course to "requalify" prior to exercising peace officer powers if they:
- Have not been employed as a Level III Reserve Officer within three years of the course completion date
- Have a three year or longer break in-service as a California Level III Reserve Officer.
Module II Requalification
Commission Regulation 1008(h) requires individuals who previously completed a Module II Course to "requalify" prior to exercising peace officer powers if they:
- Have not been employed as a Level II Reserve Officer within three years of the course completion date.
- Have a three-year or longer break in service as a Level II Reserve Officer.
How to Apply
Complete the online Test Request Form specifying which test(s) and include your:
- Full name
- Mailing address
- Contact phone number
You must upload the documents listed below with your Test Request Form:
- POST Profile
- DOJ Firearms Clearance Letter
Testing Eligibility Requirements
- Proof of Prior Course Completion: The applicant will provide the Testing Center with a POST Profile. A POST Profile is a computer database record that provides the history of an individual's California law enforcement employment, POST professional certificates, and POST-certified training. This FAQ section provides information on how to obtain your POST Profile.
- Criminal History Clearance: An applicant for the firearms course or exercise test who is not sponsored by a local or other law enforcement agency, or is not a peace officer employed by a state or local agency, department, or district, shall be required to submit a written criminal history clearance from the Department of Justice to the testing center prior to being admitted to the Firearms test. POST Bulletin 98-28 (pdf) provides further information about obtaining a clearance. Download the Request for Live Scan Form (BCIA_8016).
- Test Fee: $400 - this will be paid to the Testing Center once approved for the Requalification Testing (applicant will be directed to submit payment online once the testing date is scheduled)
Testing Request Form
Requalification Testing (Module III, II or PC 832)
Requalification Testing for Module III Certification, Module II Certification, or PC 832 Certification