Webinar – The Flipped Classroom

Attending a McGraw Hill Webinar right now on the Flipped Classroom.  Good information that is really quite common sense for me.  There’s a lot of information on “gamification” — basically making a game out of learning.  I love this because I’ve been doing this since my early days in training sales reps.  And, I’ve created many of my OWN games that I’ve been using in the classroom since I started teaching.  What’s nice now is that the publishers (and many other web sites) are in on this now with technology that enhances gamification.

What I learned today on this site is the power again (of Twitter) for teaching.  I like the idea of making a hashtag for class (#BUS150) and allowing students to discuss and share information outside the class.

Also – the presenter on this call (Jason Seitz) really likes LearnSmart – a gaming program through McGraw Hill – that I’ve been intrigued with.  He suggests starting slow — which I think I’ll do on the Fall.  I’ll try LearnSmart with a few chapters in BUS 155 — looking forward to see how it works.