5 thoughts on “CALM questions?

1. I don’t suppose you’ll be offering a CALM Coffee Talk or Lunch & Learn Talk on a Friday morning this semester? On the flyer I’m only seeing Monday-Weds for these sessions. I’d love to attend but I’m not sure I can work with these days this semester!

2. Another quick question: will the February 28 CALM Webinar be archived in order to view it later if I can’t view it live? If so, would one have to register for it?

Thanks!

3. Thanks, Kelly!

No registration needed?

Also, which code would I use for PD credit again?

4. All of the scheduled workshops and codes are available on the PD calendar: http://www.palomar.edu/pd/pd-workshops/

You can also earn hours for using the following self-designed code:

Research and/or develop Comet Affordable Learning Materials (CALM) (PD code #25)
    PD Hours: Variable, depending on participation
    Description: In the Spring 2017 we received a Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) planning grant from the Chancellor’s office for the California Community Colleges. The purpose of the grant is to reduce textbook costs in order to reduce the financial barriers to student success. By January 2018 CCC’s will have to identify Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) sections in the class schedule. This means students will be able to choose courses based on the cost of the learning materials being used! You can earn PD hours for researching, developing, and/or implementing affordable course materials. Appropriate activities may include, but are not limited to, participating in webinars, working with other faculty or librarians, or reading and researching affordable options.