Please read and check box below to accept terms and agreement.
How to Prepare for a 1-Hour Appointment:
- Counseling is available in-person, via Zoom or phone. You may only schedule an appointment for yourself, others cannot schedule an appointment on your behalf.
- You will receive a confirmation and reminder of your counseling appointment via your Palomar email and text message.
- For Zoom appointments, you will need access to an electronic device, preferably a laptop or desktop. Camera not required. A Zoom link will be emailed to your Palomar email from email@example.com within one hour of scheduling your appointment.
- If you have transcripts outside of Palomar College, make sure your transcripts are on file by contacting Records/Transcript Office (760) 744-1150 ext. 2169 or email your unofficial transcripts to your Counselor 2-days before your appointment
- Have your Palomar email open during the first 15 minutes of your appointment. You will receive an email from your counselor if there are connectivity issues. Watch this video to learn how to access your student email.
- Students with disabilities who may need accommodations for their counseling appointment are encouraged to contact the counseling front desk to make arrangements with the Disability Resource Center (DRC). For more information regarding accommodations, you may contact DRC at 760-593-7230 or visit the DRC website.
- For more information, please review How to Prepare for Your Counseling Appointment.
1-Hour Appointments are for:
- Education Planning
- Transcript Review
- Financial Aid Appeals
- Academic Probation/Disqualification
- Personal Counseling
- Career Development and Exploration
1-Hour Appointments are not for:
- Quick questions that can be answered in 15 MINUTES OR LESS
- Information found on the Counseling FAQ webpage
Last modified on September 12, 2022