Do you know the cost of your textbook?
- To find out your course textbook and the cost visit the bookstore website and search for your course.
- Did you know the bookstore does price matching? Click here for the Price Match Guarantee
Wondering how you’ll afford your textbooks this semester?
If you know you won’t be able to pay for books in one or more of your courses, take a look at the following options:
Textbook Purchase Loan Program (through the Office of Student Affairs)
- Application form
- Loan up to $250
- Repayment required within 60 days in cash
Foundation Textbook Assistance Program (check your Student Center through eServices a few days before classes start)
- 125+ word statement
- Up to $200
- Recommend renting the textbook(s)
EOPS & Trio
- Find out if you qualify for Extended Opportunities Programs and Services (EOPS) or TRiO/Student Support Services because some assistance may be available through their offices.
Is your textbook available in the library?
- Know the titles of your textbooks? Check the Palomar Library website to find out if you can use the textbook you need in the library.
Are you aware of Open Educational Resources?
- What are OER? Click here for OER FAQ’s from the Student PIRG (Public Interest Research Group) website
- Where can you find OER books?
- OpenStax is a great place for free open textbooks.