Students may have privacy concerns with respect to the manner in which some of the lectures are carried out on Zoom. The information provided below should help you understand how to protect student privacy and maintain secure Zoom sessions for yourself.
Key Things You Will Need to Do
Require students to…
- Use a password to enter your Zoom meeting
- Wait in an electronic “Waiting Room” before you admit them to class
- Use their real name when signing in to your Zoom sessions or they may not be admitted to the class
Change Your Zoom Settings to…
- Allow Zoom to generate a meeting id for you when scheduling a new meeting
- Require a password to enter your Zoom meeting
- Prevent students from sharing files.
- Prevent students from saving the Chat sessions. That is a setting that the instructor must choose. Students should not be able to save the chat sessions as text files because those files may reveal private information
- Prevent students from privately interacting with each other (they may privately interact with the Instructor)