Welcome to the Military Leadership Program!
Thank you for your interest in our Military Leadership Program through the Credit for Prior Learning option!
Visit our FAQ page to learn more about the program and how you can qualify! Follow the steps below when you are ready to get started!
If you are looking for information on how to login to your CANVAS account, access your Palomar Email, set up your password, skip down to steps 7 & 8.
Step 1: Apply Online
Apply online at www.palomar.edu/apply.
- Please complete the Application for Admissions at Palomar College. This is a two-part application process; 1) You will create an account through OpenCCC and then, 2) Complete the application for Palomar through CCCApply. Once you create your OpenCCC account, you will be directed to a page where you click on “Start a New Application”.
- Please email your CCCID# once you have completed both applications. You should receive a Welcome Letter from Palomar College that will contain your Palomar ID# within 24 hours. If you do not receive a Welcome Letter, please let us know.
- Check your email to see if you received a “residency” email – if so, scroll down and complete Step 9
- If you would like assistance, feel free to watch our application video or review our How to Apply to Palomar-PDF. If you need further assistance, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 760-744-1150 ext. 7820.
Step 2: Email your CCCID#
- Please email your CCCID# and Palomar College Application # to email@example.com. Please include your first and last name, military rank, and duty station in the email.
Step 3: Login to your MyPalomar Account
- You will need to login to your MyPalomar account before Step 4: Petition for Credit for Prior Learning (CPL).
- Use your Palomar ID# and password to login to MyPalomar.
Step 4: Petition for Credit for Prior Learning
- Once you are officially enrolled at Palomar and have received your student ID, you will petition for CPL to receive credits for MIL 100, 101, 102, 103 for completing Sgt School training.
- To Petition for CPL, you will need to be logged into your MyPalomar account before clicking on the link to petition: MIL Program CPL Petition
- Need help logging into your MyPalomar account? Click on the MyPalomar link above and use your Palomar ID# and Password to login! If you have not yet set up a password, follow the steps here.
- You can use this helpful video to assist you with your petition process.
Step 5: Complete DAS/DOL Form via AdobeSign
- Once your petition has been approved, we will send you a DAS/DOL Form via AdobeSign to be completed before enrolling into the MIL 199 Work Experience course.
- Please keep an eye out in your email for this form!
Step 6: Enroll into MIL 199 Work Experience course
- Next, we will enroll you into the MIL 199 Work Experience course. This course will allow you to log your on-the-job (OJT) hours towards completing your certificates with Palomar College, the Department of Labor and the state of California Apprenticeship. We will send an email confirmation once your enrollment has been complete.
Step 7: Email and Password Access
You will need to learn how to access your Palomar Email Account and set up your Password!
Step 8: Login to Canvas to Access your MIL 199 Course
- In your enrollment confirmation email we will send you a detailed guide on how to login to your Canvas account and access your MIL 199 Work Experience course.
- You can also use the helpful login guide here!
Step 9: Complete Residency Exemption Form
- Check your personal email to see if you received a “residency” email when you first enrolled.
- If you were deemed an “out-of-state resident” during the Admissions process, please complete the Residency Exemption Form. This exemption form will allow you to have in-state residency with Palomar College due to your military status. Please make sure you fill out all pages of the form as they apply to you.
- Once the form is complete and email a photocopy of your Military ID, to firstname.lastname@example.org.