Due to the impact of COVID-19, Palomar’s campus is closed. Classes are being delivered in an online format. Palomar College staff are not on campus, but are available to answer inquiries via email.
Palomar College’s RDA program is the only program in North San Diego County that is accredited by the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB). Graduates of the program meet requirements of a Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) and Certified Dental Assistant (CDA), and are eligible to take both the state board examination and the national board examination.
The RDA Program begins in the fall semester of each year. Students will be prepared to:
- Assist dentists at chair-side and in laboratory
- Assist in practice management
- Perform radiographic procedures
- Place pit and fissure sealants
- Perform coronal polishing
- Perform infection control
- Meet state requirements for knowledge of the California Dental Practice Act
Registered Dental Assistants are in high demand and salaries start at $22 per hour.