What is the craziest lie you’ve used to get out of class?

" I haven't told too much to get out of class. I don't like to miss it. I said I was sick, but I wasn't, said I had the flu." - Derek Russell, 21, Business. Photo by Maria Leyva/The Telescope
” I haven’t told too much to get out of class. I don’t like to miss it. I said I was sick, but I wasn’t, said I had the flu.” – Derek Russell, 21, Business. Photo by Maria Leyva/The Telescope

" High school, freshman year. It was my English class and I said my mom was giving birth, so I had to leave. I just left and went to Burger King." - Nestor Calderon, 23, History Photo by Maria Leyva/The Telescope
” High school, freshman year. It was my English class and I said my mom was giving birth, so I had to leave. I just left and went to Burger King.”
– Nestor Calderon, 23, History
Photo by Maria Leyva/The Telescope

"A couple semesters ago I had to turn in a paper. So instead of going to class I said I had an emergency and I just went to go write the paper." - Shelley Munoz, 21, Business Photo by Maria Leyva/The Telescope
“A couple semesters ago I had to turn in a paper. So instead of going to class I said I had an emergency and I just went to go write the paper.”
– Shelley Munoz, 21, Business
Photo by Maria Leyva/The Telescope

" I've never told a lie. I just haven't gone [to class] " - Mauricio Olivares, 25, Psychology Photo by Maria Leyva/The Telescope
” I’ve never told a lie. I just haven’t gone [to class] “
– Mauricio Olivares, 25, Psychology
Photo by Maria Leyva/The Telescope

" The basic like I'm sick. I can't make it to class, I can't go." -Miul Dinh, 17, Biology Photo by Maria Leyva/The Telescope
” The basic like I’m sick. I can’t make it to class, I can’t go.”
-Miul Dinh, 17, Biology
Photo by Maria Leyva/The Telescope

• February speakout Derek Russell: Maria Leyva/The Telescope | All Rights Reserved
  • February speakout Nestor Calderon: Maria Leyva/The Telescope | All Rights Reserved
  • February speakout Shelley Munoz: Maria Leyva/The Telescope | All Rights Reserved
  • February speakout Mauricio Olivares: The Telescope Newspaper | All Rights Reserved
  • February Speakout: Maria Leyva/The Telescope | All Rights Reserved