Palomar College Football Commits

Comet Football Commits: who and where?

There are a total of eight Palomar College football players as of now who have been granted the opportunity to play football at the next level. Via Instagram, The Palomar College Football team announces upcoming offers and decisions and showcases statements made by the players.

Idaho State University

Brandon Johnson #13, Wide Receiver, originally from Oceanside CA and went to El Camino High School. Johnson is 6 feet 4 inches Wide Receiver Freshman at Palomar College, who has committed to playing football at the next level at Idaho State University.

Merrimack College

Jonas Woods, Offensive Line #76, from Greenfield, WI. Woods stands at 6 feet 4 inches and is around 285 lbs. He was a sophomore for the Comets this year. He has committed to Merrimack College. Merrimack College is a private university in North Andover, MA.

Morehead State University

Sid Weddington, Defensive Line #99, from Valley Center, CA. Weddington is 6 feet 3 inches, a sophomore at Palomar College. He has committed to play football at the next level with Morehead State University, which is a public university in Kentucky.

New Mexico Highlands University

Zeke Payne, Quarterback #10, from San Diego, CA. Payne went to Rancho Bernardo High School. Zeke is a 6 feet 1-inch freshman but has committed to New Mexico Highlands University. Payne was first-team all-state quarterback while playing in his first season at Palomar College. He also won Co-offensive player of the year.

“Dear Comets, Thank you. Thank you for believing in me. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to showcase my abilities. Thank you for never giving up on me. Thank you for your unwavering support. I want to take time to say how grateful I am to have the family I do. They always have my back, through everything, and never give up on me. They are the reason I am in the position I am today and I just want to let them know how much I love them.” Payne said on his commitment via this Instagram post.

Northern State University

Luke Manos, Linebacker, #20 has committed to Northern State University. Manos is 5 feet 11 inches from San Diego, CA. He attended High School at Rancho Bernardo.

“Dear Comets, Wow this journey had been unreal for me. I am so humble and blessed in this life. I am so grateful for everything that has happened to me, good and bad. The struggle and grind shaped me into a man. I was knocked down but I got right back up and chased my dreams, Invested into myself, and put my head down, and got to work. Taking a risk on myself was the best thing to ever happen to me. It’s so simple you want something, go out and work for it.” Manos said via this Instagram post.

The University of Oklahoma

Tawee Walker, #3 Running Back, 6 feet from Peoria, AZ. He attended Centennial High School in AZ. Walker has committed to one of the biggest schools for football in America, The University of Oklahoma.

Texas A&M Kingsville

Khalid Walker, Outside Linebacker #52.

“Dear Comets, I want to thank god for this blessing, giving me another opportunity to move forward in my career. I want to thank all my family, friends, and the people of my community for all the love and support. I also want to thank the staff of @javelinaNarion for trusting me to take on a leadership role. Last but not least, I’d like to thank the family of Palomar football for giving me a chance to display my talents for all to see…#DontFlinch.” said Khalid Walker on Instagram.

Wagner College

Lance Desorbo #97, Defensive Line, from Valley Center, CA. Lance is 6 feet 4 inch sophomore at Palomar College. He has committed to Wagner College in New York.

“Dear Comets, First off I would like to thank God for always looking out for me and for me giving me the ability to play the sport I love. I want to thank my family for the love and sacrifices that they have made for me. I want to thank my friends, my Palomar brothers, and my coaches for pushing me every day to become a better man and football player. I want to thank everyone who told me, I wasn’t good enough because you pushed me to work even harder. Playing Division 1 football has always been a dream of mine, and I want to thank ALL the Wagner Coaches for believing in me. With that being said I’m excited to announce that I will be furthering my education and football career at the Wagner College on a full athletic scholarship. Trust the process and follow your Dreams.” said Lance Desorbo on his commitment via this Instagram post.

• Palomar Football 9/11 2022: Photo courtesy of Hugh Cox | Used With Permission