Press "Enter" to skip to content

Eligible Majors for Financial Aid

To receive federal financial aid (Pell Grant, FSEOG, Cal Grant, Federal Work Study and Student Loans) you must declare an eligible program of study with the Admissions Office.

Eligible programs are:

Associate in Arts (AA), Associate in Science (AS), Certificate of Achievement (CA) if the program can lead towards Gainful Employment.

If you are transferring to a 4-year university the following academic transfer program majors are eligible for federal financial aid:

Associates in Arts (AA.U), Associates in Science (AA.X), and Associates in Arts in University Studies.

The following programs are not eligible for federal financial aid:

Undecided, Certificate of Proficiency, Transfer majors ending in “.T” (example: Sociology.T), and Certificates of Achievement in University Studies (US-CSUGE, US-ICSU,US-ICUSC, US-IUC)

Visit the Palomar Financial Aid website for the complete list of eligible majors.

Image Sources

  • admin-ajax: Telesccope Staff/The Telescope | All Rights Reserved
Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.