Allyson Amato Just Won’t Stop Hitting

Allyson Amato, #24, plays third base for the Comets. Allyson is from San Marcos and went to Mission Hills High School and graduated in 2021. She then enrolled at Palomar in the summer of 2021.

Allyson Amato currently has a batting average of .537, the fourth-highest in the state as of now, in a total of 25 games played, with 22 RBIs that lead the Palomar College Softball team. Along with the RBIs she has been able to add a total of eight stolen bases on the season.

Palomar College softball player Allyson Amato (#24), sliding into a base in a recent game on March 17 vs Southwestern College. Photo taken by Giovanni Vallido | Used With Permission

Allyson Amato has been playing softball for the majority of her life. She had this to say about her softball journey when being asked.

“I started playing softball when I was seven years old. I tried out other sports and didn’t like them too much so I tried softball and instantly knew it was something I loved.” said Allyson Amato in an interview via Instagram.

Amato had this to say while talking about her time play with the Palomar Comets.

“Coming to Palomar I thought it was going to be hard to create the amount of friendships and the environment coming from such a close-knit family-oriented club. I was definitely wrong in that sense because Palomar has an incredible program and incredible people. I have already bonded and created close friendships with my teammates that will last a lifetime” said Allyson Amato in an interview via Instagram.

When talking to Coach Lacey Craft about Allyson Amato, Coach Craft had this to say when being asked to describe Allyson in one word.

“Consistent … she has a consistent bat, she plays consistently on defense, I never wonder if she’s ready to go or how she’s ready to go or how she’s feeling because she is consistent, she does not get up and down or high and low – she is reliable and it’s great to have players like that in your program, especially at this level since they are only here for a short time!” said Coach Lacey Craft in an interview via email.

When it comes to talking about school with Allyson Amato, she is majoring in business/ business management. Her favorite subject in school is English.

“I want to attend a four-year. Somewhere on the West Coast really anywhere but the East Coast. My top choice is SDSU because they have a competitive softball program and it’s also a great school.” said Allyson Amato in an interview via Instagram.

Furthermore, Allyson Amato is recognized both on the field and in the classroom for the work she puts in. She looks to stay hot on the field, continuing to help the team succeed, with not only just her batting average but her stolen bases, defense, and quality at-bats.

To see Allyson Amato in action and support the Palomar College softball team, view their schedule and make it out to a game before the season is over.

• Allyson Amato Softball 2022: Giovanni Vallido/The Telescope | All Rights Reserved
  • Allyson Amato Softball 2022: Allyson Amato, Giovanni Vallido/The Telescope | All Rights Reserved

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.