No way in Hill Mrs. Clinton

Palomar students showcasing their political views on their vehicles on Oct. 10. Kayla Rambo/The Telescope

As the presidential election looms over our heads like a thunderstorm over a beat up rackety ol’ ship out at sea, the decision to choose a candidate draws ever nearer. I will not be voting for Clinton; I’ll likely vote for Trump. Because I, for one, prefer my poison shaken not stirred.

Why might you ask would I choose to support the racist, xenophobic, Islamapohobic, homophobic, political virgin Donald Trump, over the politically established welcoming old lady that is Hillary Clinton.

Well maybe it is because I belong in a “basket of deplorables.” Or perhaps it is because I am hesitant to see another political dynasty destroy the rights of Americans (ahem… Bush’s). Regardless, as I have opted to openly take a stance against this behemoth of atrocity, I am obligated to say a few words as to why.

We’ve been beating Clinton’s email scandal, and the Benghazi incident to death with a stick for months now, but gosh darn it if she doesn’t just keep kicking. So we will only be looking at Clinton’s other blunders throughout her political career, seem fair?

1. The then Senator Clinton, in 2002 voted for the war in Iraq. Clinton after which assured us in her 2014 book “Hard Choices” that she made a mistake. which is all fine and good, but do we really need another president who has good hindsight?

2. When we talk about Hillary Clinton’s senate record, we should also note that in her eight years as senator, she sponsored 713 bills, only three of which actually became law, each with a matching sensation of underwhelming. The three laws were renaming a highway, a post office, and declaring a house an historic site.

3. “I believe that marriage is not just a bond, but a sacred bond between a man and a woman,” said Clinton in 2004. Clinton’s tone did not change on this issue until 2013, by that time most of the groundwork for acceptance toward the LGBTQ community had already been laid.

4. In an interview conducted shortly after September 11, 2001 Clinton said, “I think everyone recognizes we have to tighten security. We have to do whatever it takes to keep our people safe.” The interviewer then asked if that included (racial) profiling. “Well, I think we have to do whatever it takes.” Clinton again and again shows that her values are dependent on what is politically expedient at the given time.

5. During her time as first lady in 1996, Clinton also made remarks about “super predators” in regards to high crime rates in inner city areas. The term super predator was at the time used almost exclusively to refer to the criminal black youth. She then added that we need to “bring them to heel.”

These are but a few of Clinton’s war-mongering, racist, homophobic, Islamapohobic quotes and positions she has taken over the years. Sound like anybody else you know who’s hugely popular right now?